If you’re like us, and cleaning your oven sounds like an absolute nightmare that you’d rather not think about, then this post is for you. YouTuber and self-confessed cleaning fanatic Bethany Fontaine, has come to the rescue with a super quick and easy way to clean your oven- and the end results are truly transformational.
What’s more, this simple hack uses only a few materials, and you’re likely to have them tucked away in your cupboards already!
Bethany shared the hack over on her YouTube channel, and created a easy step-by-step instructional video to talk us through it. We’re going to be explaining the method she used, but if you’re after a no-fuss approach, then scroll to the bottom of this article, where you’ll find a list of materials along some simplified directions.
The first thing you need to do is collect your ingredients, and as most people have vinegar and baking soda already in their homes, this shouldn’t be too difficult. You’ll also need an empty spray bottle, as well as some sponges and rags for cleaning with.
It really is that simple!
Once you’ve collected your items together, simply mix 1 cup of making soda with 1/3 cup of water, and then take out any trays or racks that are in your oven. Next up, spread the baking soda mix all over the surface of your oven, so that it is completely covered. You don’t have to scrub- simply make sure that the entirety of the surface has been covered.
Next, leave the mix to sit for around 12 hours in your oven (It’s best to do this in the evening before bed). While you’re waiting, you can clean your oven racks with some all purpose cleaner.
Now you can sit, wait, and let the magic happen.
Around 12 hours later, take a spray bottle containing a mix of 1/3 vinegar and 2/3 water, and spritz the entirety of the inside of your oven. Spray all over the oven, and listen for the super-satisfying fizz.
Once that is done, you can take a cloth and some warm water and begin to wipe off the baking soda and vinegar. You should notice instantly that your oven is looking a lot cleaner underneath- but for any stubborn areas, Bethany suggests using a spatula.
Finally, once the dirt is removed, it’s time to wipe your oven down with a damp cloth, and then a dry one. This will undoubtedly be the best part, as you get to witness just how glistening and shiny your oven now looks. It’s like brand new!
- spray bottle containing a mix of 1/3 vinegar and 2/3 water
- baking soda
- Take 1 cup of baking soda and mix with 1/3 cup of water.
- Take out your oven racks and anything else that’s in the oven.
- Spread the baking soda mix over the surface of your oven. You can use a cloth or a sponge for this.
- Make sure the mixture is evenly spread over your oven, then let it sit overnight.
- In the meantime, you can clean your oven racks with all purpose cleaner.
- Around 12 hours later, return to your oven with the spray bottle vinegar mix.
- Take some warm water and a cloth, and wipe away all of the baking soda and vinegar.
- The dirt should come away easily, but for any bits that are firmly stuck, use a spatula to remove.
- Once all the dirt is removed, wipe your oven down with a warm damp cloth, followed by a dry one.
For a visual step-by-step, scroll down to watch Bethany’s video below.
Please SHARE this with your friends and family.
Source: Bethany Fontaine